1. On Christmas, my dad gave Ainslie a new outfit and she, without any prompting, turned around and gave him a hug and a kiss and said "Thank you" in her little Ainslie way. It was probably the best present he got, too.
2. The cookbook that my sister gave me: "Cooking from the Farmer's Market". It has amazing recipes, descriptions of different produce, even rare ones, instructions on how to pick out and use aforementioned produce, and photos so beautiful that it has now replaced my first edition of "The Art of French Cooking" on the countertop display stand.
3. My new project! I was down in the dumps one night and decided that I need something that's Mine. Something that has nothing to do with being a mom or being a wife or being a student. Something that I can do regularly, that's fun and makes me giggle. Something I've been wanting to do for awhile. So, I am now an Independent Beauty Consultant for Mary Kay Cosmetics. It might sound out of character or tacky, but it's really neither; I've said for years that in an alternate life I'd love to be a makeup artist, and this is something fun and girly that will also help me feel like I'm contributing financially to our family, which has been driving me nuts lately. I'm SO excited, and I already made my first sale, thanks to my fabulous sister!
4. Speaking of my fabulous sister, our family Christmas last Friday was AWESOME. Alli and Ainslie were really cute together, following each other around and playing. Gifts were exchanged, cookies were baked, nieces were cuddled. It was everything a family Christmas should be and totally made up for being so sick on real Christmas.
5. Kip scheduled Lasik surgery for himself on February 3rd, which means that he can move to the next step of becoming a state trooper! All I want for my birthday is him to move here, so I'm crossing my fingers that they'll hire him for April.
6. Before he starts a new job, though, we've got a date to keep; Mom and Dad gave us an all expenses paid trip to a resort in Texas for Christmas! They'll watch Ainslie for a couple days so we can go away and not have to be serving sippy cups and singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" all day.
7. Speaking of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider", Ainslie sings a super cute version, including hand movements.
8. And speaking of Super Cute, you haven't seen Super Cute until you've seen my daughter playing with two kittens. Seriously, it was an overload of cuteness. I can't even describe how cute it was. If you are Facebook friends with me, you're privileged enough to see the photo I posted for posterity.
9. The box of Christmas cheer and letters that I got from Kasey.
10. I'm still psyched about my car and the car starter that it now contains. Still.