03 February 2011

My Honey's Losing His Wisdom Today

We already knew that, based on the amount of complaining, Kip needed to get his wisdom teeth out soon.
On Monday when his jaw started hurting too, we found out he needed them out soon.
Like, this morning.
Eeek.


So today I am dropping Ainslie off at Mary's house for a few hours and swinging by the grocery store for puree-able foods and Percocet (woo!) while Kip's in surgery.  Luckily, we haven't even taken the shrink wrap off the Blu Ray version of "The Pacific" that he got for Christmas, so I'm thinking we're all going to be learning a lot about WWII according to HBO in the next few days.  Kip is also looking forward to pain medication-driven games of Ticket to Ride: Nordic Edition.  I'm thinking it'll probably be even more ridiculous than average.

Oh, and we just got THE MOST AMAZING box of Julius Meinl tea in the mail.  Literally a box...like, a wooden box with the Julius Meinl logo on it full of Julius Meinl tea.  I'm taking hosting Tina's baby shower tea as an opportunity to stock up on things that I've always wanted, like a tea chest and a three-tiered dessert display.   I'm thinking that there's nothing a nice brew from Julius Meinl can't fix here, even a husband with chipmunk cheeks and four less teeth than before.

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Don't let him drive while he's on the Perc - even if he tells you he can. I tried that (thinking I would be JUST FINE) and got to the grocery store in Olney without remembering that I had left the house......

Cindy said...

Oh yeah, this is similar to the stuff I was on after the c-section and there's no way he's getting near any machinery. I locked up his Glock, too!

Heather said...

Wow. I didn't know one could need emergency wisdom-tooth-removal. Yikes! Well, I should definitely get a phone call in while he's all drugged up, cuz that'd be too much fun. ;-) Plus, I should talk to you anyway!
Love!
Heather

GingerV said...

the final step before the gray hair starts....