14 February 2011

Ahh, the Good Old Days

It's a long story, but here's the reader's digest version:
1.  Sarah Morin sent me a message on Facebook
2.  The random photo album that Facebook selected to be in the right column during said message was Kasey's from when we went to Grant Park when Obama was elected
3.  Sarah didn't know that about me until last Monday, when it was randomly brought up, so...
4.  I sent her a link to the (blindly optimistic, ahem) post I wrote from that night and then found
5.  This gem of a post that I'd forgotten about (the post, not the moment because it really was one of the most awkward of my life).  Do read.  It cracked. me. up.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hahaha! I remembered that post when I myself went to Borders to purchase "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and Kaplan's GRE test prep materials at the same time. Thankfully the old guy at the counter didn't say anything, but I remembered your experience and imagined him thinking, "Why is she trying to get pregnant when she's about to go to grad school?" Haha! I believe my engagement ring was MIA at the time (for sizing), but that may have complicated things even more. ;-)