25 January 2011

Ten Things Tuesday

Ten Things That Made Me Smile This Past Week:
1.  Big happenings in the land of parenthood:  we made the switch to cloth diapers last week and it's gone surprisingly well.  The highlight?  The look on Kip's face when I dunked our first soiled diaper in the toilet to get the, er, soil off.
2.  THE EMPANADA PLACE IN THE NEW BUS DEPOT IS AMAZING.  I'm trying to finagle as many lunch dates there as I can.
3.  I went to my very first Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on Friday with Steph and it was lovely.  We sat there with Jesus and decompressed.
4.  The picture frame we got in the mail from Kasey and Matt.  Also, the fact that all the lovely cookies and peppermint bark they made for us were just so excited to get to Alaska that they launched themselves out of their cookie tin and sprinkled themselves jubilantly around the box.  It was a festive opening, to say the least.  Crumbs don't have calories, right?!?
5.  My latest home decorating ideas.  Best one as of late:  the guest room will have a pale, green-gray color on the walls and everything else will be white, with splashes of color throughout (I'm thinking particularly of some purple hydrangeas and the photo of the flower vendor I took in Norway)
6.  Symphony rehearsal is really coming together.  We've even had a few of "those" moments...you know the ones where you realize this is why you started playing music in the first place?  They make me feel alive.
7.  I submitted my applications to Loyola and Boston College.  Gulp.
8.  I have a campus visit for Boston College scheduled in March and I'm SO excited to go.  I'm resisting the urge to buy new shoes from Shoefly for the occasion.
9.  Our afternoon on Friday:  Kip did some business at the bank downtown while I carried Ainslie around (it was warm enough!) and got some drinking chocolate from Pie in the Sky and then bought some flowers from The Plant People to spruce up our apartment since it's been so grey and rainy lately.  The drinking chocolate was tasty to the extreme and the flowers are divine.  Button mums, gerber daisies, forsythia and the most gorgeous pink and orange snapdragons.  I love the people at The Plant People.
10.  Ticket to Ride:  Nordic Countries.  Oh my.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I love you. I miss you. I also love your decorating ideas. Let's talk!

Love!
Me

ellen said...

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are good friends without knowing we are good friends.

Some supporting examples:
a. cloth diapering: it's one of the things I can not wait to do.
b.TICKET TO RIDE: NORDIC COUNTRIES OH MY PLEASE MOVE HERE SO WE CAN PLAY!

Nat is dying for that one - we just got USA for Christmas, and already had Europe... we love them so much we play with just the two of us all the time.

also. I love your blog, and I tend to believe that if I love someone's blog they are probably my good friend, unbeknownst to them.

Cindy said...

Ellen, I think every North Park alumnus needs Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries. It should be handed out at graduation, along with those Anna's cookies they give you at Tre Kronor with your bill.

Can you tell I'm Chicago-sick?

Also, there's definitely a nine-segment train track in TTRNC and I totally claimed it last game. I lost the game, but I don't even care because I actually got that track. I feel like you know how big a deal that is.

ellen said...

I am very sad to say I don't think you get Anna's cookies at Tre Kronor anymore. We have been there several times recently and - no cookies. So don't worry. Chicago is better in reminiscing than reality. Maybe because we are dying to move.