18 January 2011

Ten Things Tuesday

Ten Things That Made Me Smile This Past Week:
1.  Kip made an epic cleanup of our room.  Seriously, if it were in a commercial, it'd make that "ding!" sound and sparkle.  When he showed me, I walked around and grinned like a fool for about five minutes.
2.  Weird thing to smile about, but sometimes you just have to laugh to keep from crying: it was so cold last week that the windchill during our 60 mph gusts of wind was -30 degrees.  My hair froze in the parking lot at the Merchant's Wharf.  And it wasn't even wet.
3.  Thursday, after having breakfast with Father Thomas and Sarah Search 'n Rescue at the Sandpiper, Kip, Ainslie and I promptly jumped back into bed to warm ourselves up after the freezing trip home (see #2).  Tillamook joined us and we all had a nice, warm family nap at ten in the morning.
4.  I pried open the box of too-big-now-but-eventually-Ainslie-will-grow-into-them clothes that I'd set aside only to find that the vast majority of them fit her now.  It was like going shopping in my own home, except I didn't have to spend any money!
5.  Finding out I can have my blog printed (see post below)
6.  Planning Tina's baby shower.  I'm probably having a little too much fun with it!
7.  Watching Ainslie find her feet for the first time.  She was so proud of herself!
8.  Our entire day yesterday:  we woke up, had breakfast and then played two games of Catan, three games of Sorry, did assorted responsible things throughout, and ended the day by watching "Despicable Me" for the second day in a row because it was that good.
9.  The handwarmer mug that Kip got me for Christmas.  I use it pretty much everyday.
10.  Would it be bad to say that Kip's broken big toe made me smile?  It's not that I enjoy his pain, I just like that it meant that he had to stay home from work for two days, so we basically got a six day weekend as a family.  That made me smile.  

1 comment:

Heather said...

That sounds awesome, love. =) Your list made ME smile, too! I especially like that Ainslie found her feet--super cute!