17 January 2011

I Never Do This...

...but I found two amazing websites that I feel deserve mention.

Amazing Website #1: Mixbook.com  I really wish I'd found this website while we were planning our wedding, or when I was making Ainslie's birth announcement but oh, ho ho am I going to make up for lost time now!  It's the only website I've ever found that prints completely customizable stationery at a super reasonable price.  I found it while looking for invitations for my sister-in-law Tina's baby shower and oh boy.  I'm in love.  Just wait until Christmas next year.  Or come to think of it, I might have to make up a holiday just so I can make cards to send.  Anyone fancy a resurrection of Farch from the good 'ol college days?

Amazing Website #2:  Blog2Print.  Just when I'd started thinking that I should probably print out this blog before some catastrophic Internet freak-out ruins the last three years of my work, I found Blog2Print.  For the low, low price of $151.96 I could have my entire 350+ page blog turned into a book.  First of all, holy cow I wrote over 350 pages worth of stuff?  Second, that's less than 50 cents a page, so it's not so bad.  Third, that's still too much for me to do it but I found a way to make it work!  "...Just Alaska" wasn't always "...Just Alaska", so I think I'll print out different (smaller and therefore cheaper) volumes based on the blog's different titles as I can afford them.  It makes me really happy to think of having them on our bookshelf and Ainslie wandering in some day asking what they are.  I'm excited to be able to show her that I actually have had a pretty interesting life.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I've been wanting to get my original blog (Notes From An International Life) printed into a book for a while. Your post has motivated me to just take the plunge and do it! Yes, its expensive, but totally worth it to have a beautiful book documenting the past 5 years of my life. Thanks for the reminder - I'm going to use the website you posted about!

Heather said...

Cindy! Thanks for putting up the Mixbook link! I think I'll probably use it for the invitations. =)

Linda said...

Ditto Michelle. I've been hoping to find some way to print my blog, not for posterity, but for my own fun. I'm going to check into this site.

Knowing this is possible might even encourage me to do a better job with my blog...

Thanks for sharing the sites. BTW, I'm really enjoying your posts.

Cindy said...

Blog2Print should cut me a check for advertising. Or just print my blog for free :)