Ten Things That Made Me Smile This Week:
1. Hearing my landlord tell me that he hears Kip and I laughing from our apartment above his house. How beautiful is it that the sound drifting down isn't argument or mundane shuffling around, but laughter? It really made me feel good.
2. Hearing that one of my good friends up here is pregnant! She's due in February and I'm sooooooooo excited for playdates!
3. The sun shone again today and I got stuff done. This is rare.
4. Bean has been incredibly active the past few days: the other night, I had my hand on my belly while I was falling asleep and realized that Bean was rubbing its hand against mine; he or she kicked Tillamook off my belly a few days after that; and today, I officially had my first experience with a limb sticking out of the my side...I think it was a leg.
5. This photo, which was taken at my brother- and sister-in-law's wedding last June. Tina is publishing a series of wedding planning articles on The Examiner, and she included this really great photo of us in her article on bridesmaids' duties.
6. Finally getting up enough courage to write and submit an article of my own to OffbeatMama.com. I'll post it here when I hear back from them about whether it's being published or not!
7. Looking forward to Kip's and my first anniversary on Sunday. He has another officer covering for him at work, and we're making plans on how to celebrate!
8. Seeing Erin's reaction to the hippo stuffed animal I crocheted for her daughter, who is due a week before Bean. She loved it! I'm quite proud of me and my crafting skills.
9. Homemade Strawberry Lemonade. It was totally worth finding all the microscopic cuts on my hands when I juiced the lemons.
10. Kip bought a toy for Bean: a stuffed Coastie! Coastie is the Coast Guard Auxiliary's mascot, and it's basically a Coast Guard cutter ship with eyes that tells kids about water safety. It's unbelievably geeky, and we both love it.