29 July 2010

Ten Things...Thursday (again)

I didn't forget this time, I was just too lazy to do it. Many thanks to Christina, whose kind reminder inspired me today :)

Ten Things That Made Me Smile This Past Week:
1. Meeting Father Scott at church on Saturday--he and Kip had been pretty close right when he and I started dating, but I never got to meet Father Scott because he was sent to Sitka before I came to Juneau. It was exciting to finally put a face to the name.
2. Pretty much the most generous week of my life: Kip's parents brought up the new Jeep (you know, the one with such superfluous items as room for a car seat and, um, airbags) for us and it was loaded with baby swag from them, my mom and sister. To say it was touching would be a vast understatement.
3. Finally getting a haircut again. Let's put it this way--I hadn't had one since I've been pregnant.
4. Realizing that I'll be eight months pregnant on Saturday. It resulted in the face from Munch's "The Scream" as well as a smile.
5. Natalie came back to Juneau! And she's leaving again next week...but she promised she'd stay for awhile after that.
6. The glider that was part of aforementioned baby swag. It's glorious and I have the feeling Bean and I will spend many, many hours in it.
7. The copy of McCullough's "John Adams" that I got at the library in an attempt to combat third trimester insomnia. It's wonderful to read and is doing an equally wonderful job getting me to sleep at night.
8. Cherries in our produce box this week.
9. Three days of sunshine!!!!!!!!!!!
10. The Shirley Temple that I had at dinner a few nights ago. It was nice to drink something pretty again, and I happily didn't feel like a twelve year old like I'd expected.

2 comments:

NanU said...

A Shirley Temple! There's a blast from the past. I used to love those too - now I can't remember what's in it!
Happy 8th month to you!

Cindy said...

Ginger ale, red grenadine and a marascino cherry! Mine had two cherries...I think because the bartender realized it was a pregnant lady missing alcohol who had ordered it and he wanted to make me feel good. It worked.