1. Father Thomas is back! Most people feel pretty apathetic about their local priest, but he's seriously one of my best buddies, and an entire month without his antics was a month without sunshine.....literally as well as figuratively.
2. That being said, the sun shone yesterday. Coincidence? I think not. I even got to wear flip flops.
3. The Frozen Yogurt place that opened up a mere half mile walk from our apartment. It makes me smile because:
a) FroYo is delicious and somewhat more nutritious than ice cream, and therefore way more justifiable
b) It operates on a pay-by-the-ounce system, which means that you actually get what you pay for, be it a tiny dollop with one sprinkle or an entire mountain of frozen yogurty goodness
c) It is living proof that a local business with the right attitude can thrive in Juneau
4. Thinking about what my day would be like if Bean were around (well, outside of my anatomy, I mean). It was fun imagining what a walk to and from the store would be like. I imagined lots of toothless smiles and confused looks when the wind blew.
5. The "waddle" that Kip and I went on when he got home from work on Sunday. Apparently we don't go on walks anymore because walking has gone the way of the dodo in my life, along with seeing my feet and sleeping in a comfortable position.
6. The nursing cover that I sewed in about an hour. It's adorable and has a strip of terry cloth on the bottom for easy clean ups. I'm psyched!
7. The chocolate cake that I baked at midnight in a craving/heartburn attack/insomnia-driven stupor
8. The amount of motivation I felt yesterday.
9. The Jeep stroller that Tina and Casey sent us! It's big pimpin' and if Bean doesn't absolutely love it, I'm going to start wondering who switched it at birth. There's a baby-sized steering wheel in the front. How can you not love that?
10. Three words: newborn-sized diapers. I've been cooing over them for a full week now and they're not getting any less adorable.