I feel too much like actually writing a post instead of just writing a list, so my Ten Things That Made Me Smile This Past Week will occur in prose and photo. Because I feel like it. And if you can't do what you want on your own blog, then where can you?
Yes, I now walk my cat.
Sort of--it's more like I stand on the stairs holding the leash while he sniffs the flowers on the stairs and occasionally eyes the woodpile in the neighbor's yard.
When I first put the harness around him, Heather and I sat laughing for about ten minutes while he tried to figure out how to get out of it, forgot about its existence, moved in such a way that he saw that it was on him, remembered that he should be upset about this, and then tried to wiggle out of it again. He's gotten used to it now, as evidenced by the above photo in which he was taking a nap in his new favorite accessory. I think we should put a bow tie on it, to snazz it up a bit.
Also making me smile is the legion of crafting projects I've taken on in a nesting fury, including:
(2) The felt jellyfish I'm making to hang along with an orca and a salmon above Bean's crib (here, it's in the middle of being embroidered before I add some tentacles);
(3) The absolute cutest hat EVER;
(4) Washcloths, burpcloths, and a scarf for a friend made out of the most fabulous yarn ever...check it out at A Tree Hugger's Wife on Etsy. These yarns are dyed so amazingly, they're art in and of themselves. I am lucky enough to live in the same town as the weaver, so I bought it at Skeins instead of ordering it online (a rarity!);
(5)....and a shadowbox full of JPD stuff for Kip. No photos yet, but I might take one when I'm done.
(That's all for crafts.)
(6) This is probably a little lame and non-"cool, accomplished blogger" of me, but I'm going to put it on here anyways: an acquaintance/friend of mine from college who I consider to lead the coolest life ever (wonderful Christian marriage, beautifully artistic apartment, a fantastic writer and artist, I could go on...) recently commented and said she loves my blog. She loves(!) my blog! It made me feel really good. :)
(8) My mom and dad sent us the crib we registered for, and I was so excited when it arrived today....until I opened the box and realized that Babies R Us sent the wrong one. It was disappointing, but I'm still excited to get the right one and put it together.
(9) Bean has taken to stuffing him/herself underneath my ribs lately, which doesn't exactly make me smile since it sort of hurts, but I think it should count anyways. Also, I had a really vivid dream last night that it was born and it was a boy! He looked just like Kip, except he had my eyes and the same unibrow as my dad. And he was HUGE. I'm hoping that part doesn't ring true...I mean, fat babies are cute and all that, but this was a little extreme.
(10) Kip, Heather, and I realized that, with proper practice, we could pay for Bean's college tuition by becoming the next YouTube wonder. How, you ask? Eight words: Tillamook. Laser Pointer. Miley Cyrus. "Can't Be Tamed".