16 July 2010

Friday Photo Shoot-Out: Transitions

Okay, I'm really back this time. With so much travel, Heather's visit, and epic third trimester exhaustion setting in, I haven't been doing much other than laying on the couch when I have a free minute but I was determined to participate in the MTFPSO once again, so I pulled a few photos from Heather's visit and from a recent trip to Ketchikan for today! Yay!

This week's theme, suggested by Redlan over at Redlan's Web of Arts, is "Transitions". For more info on the Friday Photo Shoot-Out and the gang, click on the "I'm With the Gang" photo in my sidebar.

Transitions in Alaska have mainly to do with water...

...it transitions from high altitudes to lower ones...
(check out the teeny tiny people standing at the base of this waterfall, btw)


...and it transitions from ice to water to nourishing plant life.

There have been a lot of transitions for the native peoples of Alaska:



And here, an eagle transitions from air to land:

8 comments:

GingerV said...

jeez I love photos of Alaska. Everytime Camillo and I start talking annual trip someplace I say ' alsaska' and he says Argentina or Italy.... I never win. hum - but is that loosing?

your second photos is wonderful... I will send to Camillo to say 'see what we are missing?'

~JarieLyn~ said...

These are beautiful photos. The water is so blue and gorgeous.

Jama said...

Beautiful photos, I love that second shot best!

In the eye of the beholder said...

Alaska is so beautiful. I really want to see it in person some day. These are great photographs of Transitions

Ann said...

I see these blobs of ice floating . When I was in Windsor Canada in 1970s, I used to see such lice floating down the Detroit River.

Pauline said...

Good to see you back, Cindy, always love your Alaskan photos. Today they are as lovely as ever. Love the last shot!

L'Aussie said...

The blog name hooked me and so did the gorgeous photos. Beautiful..:)

Doreen said...

the first two images are stunning!! the waterfall is just out of this world.