I therefore present the following list of Cindy's Official Pregnancy Vices:
- I lay on my back when I'm reading on the couch. Or when I'm trying to get to sleep and the prospect of resting all my body weight on one still bony hip or the other seems unbearable.
- On occasion, when I'm trying to get something from the top shelf and nobody else is around, I (carefully) get up on a chair to reach it instead of waiting until Kip gets home.
- I had a whole two gulps of my aunt's red wine during my week in Norway. And they were tasty.
- I still cuddle with my cat. Once, when it was really, really bad and Kip was in the middle of an 80-hour workweek, I changed the litter box (and then promptly burned my hands washing them, but I still did it!)
- When I have bad heartburn, I eat ice cream. And it's not the "no sugar" kind, it's Haagen Dazs.
- I have logged about 15,000 miles of high altitude, cross-country flights (such as the trip to Chicago where I took the above photo). I did not get up and walk every hour of those trips. And I'm still going to Ketchikan in two days.
- I don't wear gloves and a mask when I clean with Clorox wipes.
- I've become a raging fan of "Dexter" thanks to the Instant Netflix streaming option. I'm pretty sure becoming obsessed with a show about a forensic blood splatter specialist who moonlights as a serial killer goes against the "Don't watch any TV or movies that are violent, suspenseful, or stressful" rule, but I love it.
- I forget to take my prenatal vitamin on a semi-regular basis, and I still sleep at night.
I figure that this new commitment to calming the crap down about the million "What If?"s of pregnancy will just train me for parenthood. For example, I've already come to the realization that 12 minutes of tummy time instead of the recommended 15 does not mean that Child and Family Services should be called to my residence. Progress! Now I'm off to bake some banana bread (with protein powder, of course). And I might just lick the spatula.