23 April 2010

Friday Photo Shoot-Out: Trees

I'M BACK! Before showing my chosen pictures on this week's theme, Trees (selected by good bloggy friend GingerV from Brasil), I will attempt to update all you good fellow Friday Shoot-Out-ers as to why I took an unannounced break from the group in five bullet points or less:
1. I'm pregnant! Surprise!
2. I had been working a full time job
3. Working a full time job while pregnant leaves absolutely no time for anything else
4. I missed you all (and shooting every week)!
5. I still haven't fixed the memory problem on my computer so I can upload new photos, but I promise to do that this weekend :)

For you non-Friday-Photo-Shoot-Out-ers, the My Town Friday Photo Shoot-Out is a project that was created to get bloggers out into their communities and showing them off to each other. We take turns picking themes for the week, all shoot photos on that theme, and then post them on Friday. It's a great way to get to know your own community, as well as have an instant vacation to locations all around the world! For more information, click the "I'm With the Gang" icon on my sidebar.

Juneau has pretty much the coolest trees ever
(and I know trees--I lived in New England for most of my life):

We have frosted Evergreens in the winter


And sunny deciduous ones in the Fall


The stately Sitka Spruce is our state tree!


The entire state pretty much smells like an air freshener because of them


And even way up here, moss still grows on the Northern side
(although, really, how much more North could you get?)

See you next week!

12 comments:

Barry said...

Great to have you back Cindy! It wasn't the same without you.

And now you are two. Congratulations!! That's sensational news.

gigi said...

What beautiful pictures of trees in your area. Have a great weekend!

GingerV said...

1. welcome back
2. super congrats on the new family member
3. when over worked we need even more to take the time to play with our cameras
4. we missed you too
5. great post

Jama said...

I can't decide which one I like best because all of them are awesome!

NanU said...

Beautiful photos, Cindy, and congratulations! It's nice to have you back.

Pauline said...

Welcome back. I've missed Alaska. And congratulations, I take your pregnancy and return as a sign that my daughter will be pregnant soon! (I take absolutely anything as a sign!)

Oh, and love your trees, too!

Ann said...

you cleared my misconception that there are no trees in Alaska.

You eat and keep well.

Doreen said...

your images are beautiful!! glad you are back and congrats on the new little one!!

Chef E said...

Congrats! I sometimes wish I could have another child, but oh well too, way too late now!

We would never know the photos were not new, they are beautiful!

shabby girl said...

I would love to smell those spruce trees! I'll be very happy to see more pics from Alaska too! My dream place!

Sarah said...

Oh oh oh congratulations...how wonderful for you!!!
The shoot out..divine!! Love all of your trees!!

Cindy said...

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and congratulations! I'm so glad to be back!

Ann, You're probably thinking of the Interior of Alaska--up in Eke and Nome, where it's all tundra, there aren't many trees at all! But down here in Juneau, which is actually a temperate rainforest, there are tons of trees to be had! Glad I could share them with you.