28 February 2010

Viva Chile!

I left my heart in Chile.
I know this is true because it broke this morning when I heard the news of the quake.

Please pray for:

Familia Fonseca Flores...


...for the missionaries of Hechos 29, who live among the poorest of the poor...


...for the youth that we worked with...


...for the congregation of Iglesia del Pacto Evangelico Betesda...


...and especially for the Troncoso family, who Osvaldo (second from the right) still hasn't heard from.
This photo was taken at Osvaldo's niece, Sofia's, baptism four years ago at Iglesia Betesda.


All of these people live in Concepcion and Talcahuano, the hardest-hit cities in Chile.

2 comments:

hrobins said...

Have you heard anything about these people yet?

Cindy said...

Osvaldo's family seems to all be okay, except for an uncle who died in the earthquake. I haven't heard anything from the Fonsecas or anyone else in the church, but the news has been saying that 80% of people in Talcahuano are homeless now. I can only pray for them.