07 February 2010

An Update on My Life in Photos

So lately I've been feeling a ton of this:

(Kip took this photo a few months ago when I was so tired I feel asleep on the couch. He pushed me off, but I slept through it so he gave me a pillow, a blanket, and a blackmail photo. It still applies today.)

And mega tons of this:

(Not my current computer, but the feeling is the same due to the fact that I have so many fabulous photos stored on my computer that there's not enough memory left to upload any new ones. Hence no Friday Photo Shoot Outs. Or fun. I have to buy some more memory, which I am trying to avoid like the plague because I've never had to do it before. Incidentally, Alethea took this photo during winter Finals Week our Junior year of college, and my occasional attitude towards technology hasn't changed since then.)

And I've been missing this pretty lady (and my glasses):

(Speaking of Alethea, I talked on the phone with her for two hours the other day. And the only reason we hung up is because her battery was about to die. I also miss my glasses, which I lost and therefore had to replace with a pair that won't be shipped to Juneau for another couple days, so I've been perpetually squinting at things due to the aforementioned constant sleepiness.)

And really missing this face and everything attached to it:

(I also talked to Kasey for several hours. It's a good thing we both have AT&T.)

Which Basically Boils Down to Missing This:

(I love Alaska, but sometimes I just really miss traffic and sunlight and Superdawg and people who get my theological queries and jokes.)


...And that's why I haven't been posting lately.

4 comments:

hrobins said...

I always love your photos, Cyn-tee-ahhh. (pathetic attempt at online Dr. Zelle impression) I miss you, too. ps--I talked with Alethea last night and I think we're pretty much okay now. Apparently, I'm a five-year-old who takes nine months to make up with people. Praise God for his patience and love!

Barry said...

I knew there was a reason, and really enjoyed your photos.

Maybe once the warm weather returns. When is that for Alaska?

Cindy said...

Barry,

What warm weather? Maybe July? I think it's more to do with longer daylight hours than anything else, and those are steadily approaching us! I'll try to buy some more memory this week and hopefully I'll be back with the gang on Friday. I miss it!

jeannette stgermain said...

I couldn't live in Alaska because the lack of light. Do you know that some people get depressed because they don't get enough light? It's called Seasonal Affective Disorder (I'm a psychologist) - it's nothing to be ashamed about:)
Yes, I share your joy about Barry!