08 February 2010

Mark Your Calendars...

...on February 18th, at 2pm Eastern Standard Time, my good blogger friend, Barry, will be done with chemo!!!!!!

I posted over a year ago about his saddening diagnosis of esophageal cancer, and ever since then, we have all been following his progress (as told in typically witty Barry style). But on the 18th, he will finally be done with chemo and he will ring the bell in the lobby of Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto in celebration--and the rest of the blogging community will join him!

I'm going shopping for a bell and I've marked it on my calendar--will you do the same? As Barry said in a recent post about the bell, "[Ring it] not just for me, but for everyone who has ever struggled against impossible odds and won. Let's declare victory on behalf of us all and let the world know it!"

Read Barry's inspiring post about ringing the bell at Princess Margaret Hospital here, and be sure to check out his blog, An Explorer's View of Life.

No comments: