1. Getting a compliment from the Bishop of Juneau on my cello playing at the midnight Christmas service
2. Christmas Day in general...it was surprisingly cozy and wonderful despite none of our family being around for it.
3. The lights hanging over our door. On the other hand, they've also made both of us swear as they get caught in the door frame due to the fact that the paint around our doorframe is mysteriously resistant to any sort of tape.
4. Hearing that toy sales were up from last year, while the rest of the bookstore's sales were down. Not to sound cocky, but I would like to claim just a teensy bit of responsibility for that one.
5. Hearing from our landlords that we're allowed to a) put up curtains, b) hang more pictures and c) get a kitten
6. Brainstorming various names for aforementioned kitten. Current options include, but are not limited to: Augustine of Hippo and the name of Kip's police chief.
7. Running my absolute hardest at the gym for possibly the first time in my life. Strangely, sweat pouring down my face makes me smile. Go figure.
8. Further celebrating the season of Christmas by keeping up our tree and still giving little presents...Kip got "Batman Begins" on Blu-Ray last night.
9. Michael Buble's newest CD, "Crazy Love". "Haven't Met You Yet" is fab.
10. Getting up early in the mornings and actually getting something done with my life. I love to putter. I think it's the curse of the Andersen women. My grandmother did it constantly. My mom does. My sister does (I think...having a baby sort of takes away puttering opportunities). I do it. It's great.