02 November 2009

Friday Photo Shoot-Out: Landscape/Scenic Shots

Inspired by Barry's passion for his community, I've decided to take part in the My Town Friday Photo Shoot-Out, a project started to get bloggers out into their communities and showing them off to each other. I figure there's no better way to get to know my new home of Juneau, Alaska!

This week's theme was Landscape/Scenic shots. I figure that I show those every week, seeing as I live in a postcard, so here are some from an afternoon last weekend where Kip and I drove out to the end of the road...literally. There are no roads in or out of Juneau--it is land/sea/icefield-locked. That means that at some point, the roads must come to an end, and that is where we drove to one afternoon. It's a 37-mile long trip into the Tongass National Rainforest, and it was a gorgeous drive. We have plans to go camping out here whenever the weather cheers up...in eight months. Sigh.


For the goodness of your soul, click on this to enlarge.



I took this through our (very dirty) windshield. It's a long road!



5 comments:

GingerV said...

yes you live in a parkland - lucky girl. still on my lists of must see places. maybe next year. great shots.

Cat said...

stunning...makes me miss home.....
how is you resident mouse doing these days?

Cindy said...

You're welcome anytime, Ginger!

Thanks for your comment, Cat. We haven't seen any signs of Despereaux recently. I like to think he's just living harmoniously in our laundry closet. I'll keep you updated though!

Chef E said...

Wow! I found this very soul pleasing!

The water/stone photo is freakin artistic as all get out...

Linda said...

From a couple of souls who needed that shot of goodness. Thank you so much.=D
The skylines are so natural and beautiful in your neck of the woods, Cindy. Thanks for these lovely pics!

Best Wishes, Barry and Linda