Ten Things That Made Me Smile This Past Week:
1. Getting my Internet connection back about five minutes ago
2. Receiving a care package from my friends in Chicago in the mail. It made me cry, too, but mostly smile :)
3. Adopting three new plants to spruce (teehee, get it, spruce...like a tree? It's a horticulture joke!) up our apartment--a Christmas cactus with buds that make it look dangerously like it's about to become a Halloween cactus; a tiny little Burro's tail that Kip took a liking to; and a leafy, viney plant that I forgot the name of. It's intriguing and has chutzpah.
4. My snazzy new haircut. I biked downtown today and said au revoir to about eight inches. It's fabulous.
5. The comments on my Friday Photo Shoot-Out, like always.
6. A day of sunshine today!
7. Eating at the Sandpiper after aforementioned haircut during aforementioned sunny day.
8. Getting photos of Alli in the mail. She is such a cute little baby!
9. My newfound passion for non-toxic, homemade cleaning supplies. Posts will follow.
10. Sitting at the Hangar with five--count 'em, five--friends drinking and talking. It was the closest I've come to having a circle of people to hang out with since I left school.
10a. The person walking on the street below my living room window who just busted into "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys. Classic.