09 October 2009

Friday Photo Shoot-Out: Silhouettes

Inspired by Barry's passion for his community, I've decided to take part in the My Town Friday Photo Shoot-Out, a project begun to get bloggers out into their communities and showing them off to each other. I figure there is no better way to get to know my new home of Juneau, Alaska!

This week's theme was Silhouettes. The problem with silhouettes is that you kind of need....the sun. And it's entering the dark season up here in the frozen north. When it's not dark, it's cloudy. So, that made for an interesting shoot-out this week.


The view from our living room window.





Obviously not taken in Juneau, I'm teasing you all with one more wedding photo by the lovely and talented Austyn Elizabeth Ford. This was taken at the camp where Kip and I met.


This WAS taken in Juneau...about a year ago, right after we got engaged, Kip and I propped up our camera on a bench and took this photo.


Happy Weekend!

19 comments:

shabby girl said...

Love those trees! Exquisite last shot!

NanU said...

An exquisite post!

J9 said...

The second shot is very nice - I like the balance of light and dark - I also like the final shot.

GingerV said...

I like your romantic photos, we both did leaves of trees so I, of course, love those.

~JarieLyn~ said...

Your last photo is fabulous. I like it a lot. It's very sensual.

Doreen said...

oh my goodness.........the last shot is so touching and beautiful. great memories!!

Barry said...

What a great job. I loved the simplicity of the chain, especially in contrast to the natural beauty and fragility of the trees in the picture immediately below it.

But, of course, the last one was the best!

And thank you for the package that arrived yesterday. I am already on Chapter 4. Do you have any idea what wood that stick is made of? It is exceptionally light.

Pauline said...

I agree with NanU - that is an exquisite post. Every photo so perfect, so beautiful!

Kerry said...

By far the most romantic silhouettes I've seen so far!

Carrie said...

I think you captured silhouettes very nicely. No sun needed, just light! The engagement shot is beautiful...I hope you have that one framed!

Denise said...

looks cold outside in the first one. the last is a lovely photo I'm sure you'll treasure forever.

Ellisa said...

LOVE the engagement shot!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Thanks, everyone, for all the encouraging comments! I actually didn't think this post was all that good, so I'm flattered :)

Have a great weekend!

SOL said...

That last shot is really beautiful and romantic.

A Scattering said...

You did a great job on the last shot - everything fell into place nicely.

Jen said...

WOW - I LOVE the self portrait silhouette!

You are an amazing photographer.

Cat said...

loven' these pics...have been following you for a while...love you spot!

Scriptor Senex said...

The last shot is brilliant and the others show you didn't need the sun after all!

Kim said...

Wonderful! Love the second shot of the silhouette leaves against the brilliant blue sky! And congrads on the last shot...very romantic...you deserve the notice...