01 October 2008

Meet Sparky

Blogosphere, meet Sparky.  Sparky, meet blogosphere.  

His full name is Sparky Fishnik Lambert, Jr.  but lately I've been thinking of changing it to Sparky "Father Time" Fishnik Lambert-soon-to-be-Cheshire, Jr.  Oh yes, Sparky's name changes along with mine.  He's old-fashioned like that.  And speaking of old, that's why I'm thinking of renaming him.  You see, Sparky is about two and a half years old.  He's made it through a nasty eye infection that we think left him blind on the right side and two long road trips.  Clearly he is descended from those ancient coy in Asia that live forever.

The day we became lawfully bonded owner and pet is a day that will live in infamy--June 7, 2006.  It was my first summer with my parents in Gaithersburg and I had no friends.  So I bought one.  We've been inseparable ever since.  

Don't ask me what I'm going to do with him when I move to Alaska.  I'm trying to figure out a plan that doesn't involve air travel.  We'll see how that goes.
I was working at my computer today and looked up to see him sleeping at a 45 degree angle.  He's gotten a bit odd in his old age.  He swims backwards, sleeps a lot more, and rests at odd angles, as captured here.

He also likes to read the Bible.   
The New Oxford Annotated version with Apocrypha is his favorite.  Good taste!

No comments: