12 June 2008

Would You Like an Ulu With That?

After three weeks of searching and rejection, I am finally gainfully employed!  I successfully avoided having to get a job that requires asking pointless questions ("paper or plastic?" "would you like fries with that?") and landed a position at Alaska Shirt Company, the largest souvenir shop in Juneau (and "large" is a very subjective term).   That's right, I'll be up to my elbows in moose paraphernalia and ulus (those half circle-shaped knives that Alaskan natives are famous for).  

Can you say "Christmas presents"?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you supersize your Ulu and have a choice of placing it in paper or plastic? Congrats! gilmorelady

Sputnik said...

I thought a Ulu was that thing in the back of your throat...

Anonymous said...

I'm going coo-coo for uuu-luus!

-igloocop