07 June 2008

Wii Would Like to Play!

While my books for Oxford sit collecting dust in the corner of my room, I have found my new favorite method of procrastination.  It's small, white, Japanese, and has given me a roaring case of tennis elbow.  That's right, I'm talking about a Wii.  

Earlier this week, Kip became the proud owner of a Wii and I the proud owner of two Wii remotes, and together we make the complete console.  I'm hooked.  In less than a week, I've played at least two dozen games of tennis, boxed, bowled, ski jumped, and hula-hooped my way to firmer abs.  Kip's hooked too, and has taken to bowing at me a la the Wii commercials (you know, two Japanese guys in a teensy car drive up to unsuspecting American homes, knock on the door, bow, say "We would like to play," and the next thing you know, Mom, Dad, and 2.5 kids are having the time of their lives--Wii has saved the world!) incessantly until I agree to play.  It also has a Lego Indiana Jones game, so he's pretty much as happy as a clam.  

Entertainment, thy name is Wii.  Taking this thing to school is probably a very bad idea.

No comments: